Skip to content
Are you a talented video-game Art Director that would love to be the visionary lead for the artwork and art design of a unique MMORPG design? Than perhaps this is the opportunity for you.
We are an early phase project, currently in the stage of acquiring financing. We are looking for a partner in this large project. In exchange for shares you will be responsible for leading the art development of the game. With a small team of experts we aim to bring this game to community funding and achieve additional funding from other sources. We all work on this on a time-for-share basis.
If we are successful in securing funding you will be employed as our Art Director to lead and mentor the art team, create the vision and style of the game art design, have an important voice in the art strategy & planning and create the art for the game for years to come. You will share this responsibility with our creative director. You will be required to work in the Netherlands (the Hague proximity).
Your time investment for the early phase consists of creating the concept and commercial art, both by yourself and through coaching and guiding other (2D/3D/Concept) artists, animators and sound/music experts. You will also create the art style design for the game, plan all artwork that is listed in the GDD and verify the budget. We will add your name and experience to the project as art director, giving the project your seal of approval. For these contributions you don’t need to be in the Netherlands. Only when we can match our offer with a full-time employment, will you be required to make the move.
When the funding of the project is at adequate level we will offer you a contract and expect you to work at the studio with the art team you will help to assemble. The Netherlands has good college and university programs for game artists, but graduates mostly seek employment in other countries. It is likely that you will be working with artists that are fresh out of art school. For this reason you must not only be a video game art visionary, you must also enjoy coaching and team building to create your own quality team.
A few qualities we look for:
- You have years of senior experience in 2D/3D and concept video game art and are intimately familiar with commonly used tools.
- You have experience in video game animation and have a good sense of different techniques and tools that can be used in the creation.
- You have experience with sound and music and can lead experts in this field with vision and knowledge.
- You have talents as an art visionary and you can effectively create concept art to demonstrate your vision and provide artists with clear projects.
- You have affinity with realistic and historic art and you feel comfortable with being slightly obsessive in getting the details right and demanding historical (near) perfection.
- You have management and coaching experience, your management style is based on trust and team involvement in determining ideas and creations.
- You are an able project leader and keeping an efficient asset library and a strict delivery planning is a given for you.
- You are capable of clever insights when it comes to the re-usability of created assets.
- When it comes to game art and branding you are a visionary that is a presence throughout the project. You are an optimist that sees many solutions for each problem, you think in new concepts, you are creative and you can transfer your vision well to your colleagues and team.
- You find it important to keep the workplace fun and you’re open to criticism.
- You like to work closely with the partners in the management team and share responsibility with them.
- You like to work closely with historical consultants and you enjoy doing research on 18th century (multi-cultural) costumes, assets, architecture and ships.
- You have excellent English language skills.
This project might not make it past crowd funding, costing you time without monetary reward. That is a risk you need to be aware of. This game might also be the gap in the market we think it is. In that case this is a multi-million euro project with considerable future revenues, making your shares very valuable. Part of the deal is that in case of successful funding we expect you to come on board and commit yourself to the project and management of the game for years to come.
Obviously you need to be as enthusiastic about the project as we are. If we think you have the right experience we will share the game concept and the contract proposal with you and we’d be happy to share knowledge and help regarding settling in the Netherlands if necessary. You will also get to speak to the partners.
If you are interested, please contact Peter Schreuder Jonkman through jobs@deadeye-
games.com. We look forward to your reply.